Munno Para Station Upgrade
Munno Para station was selected for an upgrade based on projected patronage figures and the station’s proximity to the Playford Alive development.
Construction works on the new Munno Para station commenced on 18 September 2011, and the new station will be operational from 31 March with the return of the Gawler train services.
Munno Para Concept Image (for illustrative purposes only)
The new station has been erected approximately 60 metres south of the existing station and includes:.
- new platforms designed to reduce the step and gap between platforms and trains
- architecturally designed shelters, seating and wind break screens that maintain visibility and passive surveillance
- fully enclosed pedestrian overpass with lifts and stairs
- kiss’n’go and car parking facilities
- bus interchange facilities integrated into each platform
- customer facilities including real time information, public address system and automated public toilet
- enhanced safety and security through the provision of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) security cameras, emergency telephones and improved lighting
- 16 bike enclosure on the eastern side.